About the CSP Online Education Program
This online education program is for those who hold the Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and do not have a minimum of a bachelor's degree. All courses and related exams must be completed no later than December 31, 2020.
- There are four courses and exams, covering Professional Development, Project Management, Interpersonal Communication, and BCSP Code of Ethics/Professional Conduct.
- The courses are presented as slides with a minimum of 30 seconds viewing time (no maximum limit) before you can advance to the next slide.
- The courses also include exams to demonstrate that individuals have mastered their content. Each exam contains ten (10) questions in a multiple-choice format.
- The length of time a certificant sits for a course and/or exam is not factored into their exam result, though all courses and exams must be completed successfully before the December 31, 2020 deadline.
- Certificants may complete each course and exam in one sitting or start and stop as they wish.
- There is no limit to the number of times a certificant may attempt each exam.
- The exams are open resource, but certificants must not be assisted by anyone else when completing them.
- The passing score for each exam is as follows: Professional Development, 80%; Project Management, 80%; Interpersonal Communication, 80%; and BCSP Code of Ethics/Professional Conduct, 80%.
Certificants who do not have a qualifying academic degree or do not successfully complete the CSP Online Education Program by the deadline date will no longer be eligible to hold the CSP certification. Their certifications will be invalidated on January 1, 2021.
Certificants who successfully complete the CSP Online Education Program by obtaining a passing score on all four courses' exams will have their record updated by BCSP so that they continue to hold the CSP. They will also be awarded a Certificate of Achievement worth 1.1 recertification points, which BCSP will input into their Recertification Worksheet. Certificants must keep a copy of the certificate for their records. The certificate can be downloaded as a PDF.